LL.M in International Business Regulation, Litigation and Arbitration August 2019 – May 2020
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW New York, United States
Master of Laws degree with a specialisation in dispute resolution, corporate, and commercial law in a transnational context. Modules completed: International Commercial Arbitration, International Investment Law, International Trade law, Public International Law, Conflict of Laws, Oral Advocacy in International Arbitration, Fundamentals of US Law.
Thesis: “A New Approach to the Enforceability of Unilateral Arbitration Clauses”, awarded with Distinction.
Law, LLB, 1st Class Honours September 2016 – July 2019
QUEEN MARY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON London, United Kingdom
Modules completed: EU Law (73), Tort Law (70), IP Law (70), Land Law (71), Criminal Law (72), UK Human Rights Law (70), Jurisprudence (70), Contract Law (69), Company Law (65), Public Law (69), Competition Law (63), Trusts Law (62).
A-Levels: A*A A B, IGCSE’s: 7A*’s September 2009 – June 2016 THE ENGLISH SCHOOL NICOSIA Nicosia, Cyprus
School’s Head Girl: Elected by cohort of over 600 students and teachers. Ran School Council of 20 cross-class students, delivered assemblies, and enacted student proposals to solve issues in school. Planned Graduation and Prom, led organisational events team, executed Rock Night fundraiser (€1000 raised) and ran a team of 20 Prefects to support student wellbeing. Also acted as ambassador for the school at the Ministry of Education, stakeholder meetings, and press conferences.
Awarded: Humphrey’s Award; awarded to one student annually for exceptional service and commitment to the school. Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award, 2015. Top speaker at Debate and Impromptu Speaking in Intraschool Debate Competition 2016. Qualified for the National Debate Team; participated in the World Debate Championships 2014 & 2015. Model United Nations Delegate; participated in Medi.M.U.N & T.H.I.M.U.N 2015.
DENTONS & MIDDLE EAST LLP October 2018 – November 2018
Student Advisor London, United Kingdom
- Led the administration of Denton’s Whitechapel Pro bono ‘PopLaw’ clinic; managed team of 4 solicitors and 5 volunteers during the 4-hour weekly sessions.
- Acted as the first point of contact for clients; conducted fact-finding interviews and allocated cases to solicitors.
- Liaised with solicitors to advise on cases relating to debt, housing, employment, and welfare benefits.
- Performed multiple administrative tasks on a strict timeframe; case file management and the collection of client data.
DEBATE MATE LONDON October 2017- May 2018
Debate & Public Speaking Coach London, United Kingdom
- Qualified debate coach; led 2 weekly after-school debate classes for 6th form students in East London.
- Exclusively directed and delivered debate curriculum, training students for intraschool competitions.
- Team won 2nd place in regional competition.
QMUL LAW SOCIETY & BAR SOCIETY September 2016 – May 2018
Committee Member London, United Kingdom
- Co-led a team of 8 in the planning and organization of society events. Sourced and secured speakers, venue, and services; led professional networking and correspondence throughout all stages of the events.
- Designed digital marketing and devised promotion strategy, collecting over 100 participants.