From it’s founding in 1924 to its present day status as a leading law firm Tornaritis Law Firm has demonstrated a sustained commitment to excellence in the practice of law, public service and a civil society. Our practice and character are deeply rooted in the firm’s history, as exemplified in these historical profiles of our lawyers and services.
Criton G. Tornaritis, started as a young lawyer from Limassol. Among many accomplishments, he came to be the first Attorney General of the Republic of Cyprus. He wrote 65 complete books and more than 5,000 essays, the contents of which were mainly legal. His work is found at universities and in libraries around the globe. Among the tens of honours and distinctions which were bestowed upon him were those of the Queen’s Counsel (QC) and the Athens Academy Prize for his outstanding literary work. A fact which is worthy of note is that he became known worldwide for his shrewd legal mind, his sobriety and for always being down-to-earth.
Followed by his son George C. Tornaritis, registered as advocate in 1959 with the Supreme Court of Cyprus. Since then practicing advocate having defended many famous cases. Founded in 1992 the Tornaritis Marine Life Foundation being its first President.
Managing partner today is his grandson Criton G. Tornaritis, registered as advocate in 1989. With long experience of the Eastern European Market and especially the Romanian Jurisdiction.
Today, the firm includes lawyers who have the experience, maturity, and legal skills to handle a wide range of legal problems. Although the firm has matured from its beginnings in the early part of the twentieth century, the character of the firm is still true to the dreams and visions of its founders.
Our breadth of experience enables us to offer a wide range of skills to suit the individual needs and demands of each one of our clients. We conduct our work with a high degree of professionalism and dedication, and provide an expert, sensitive service for all of our clients.
The firm has a uniquely flexible and entrepreneurial culture that fosters partnerships with our clients. Knowing the law is not enough. We understand our clients’ business objectives and address their legal needs in a manner that is consistent with the “big picture.” We have earned a reputation for being trusted business advisers, and we demonstrate our value every day in the successful results we achieve.
Reflecting the firm’s entrepreneurial spirit with associated offices around the world, we are ready to help you wherever your business takes you.
Foreign Related Legal Services
- We continue to develop and sustain multi-generational relationships with high-profile partners in major international and global law firms, as well as the exchange of expertise and intellectual capital that only such enduring relationships can produce.
- We Provide whole-journey legal services to deal with legal affairs in domestic and overseas investment projects.
- We have an established relationship with international firms. We are currently co-operating with one of the world’s largest global law firm.
- We are further co-operating with UHY London offices for matters regarding insolvency proceedings.
- We provide legal services for Banks and Financial Institutions in Canada, UK, Romania, Lebanon and Hong Kong.